NLP Practitioner Training
Looking to become an NLP Practitioner?
NLP Practitioner Overview?
NLP has to be learned experientially. No amount of reading, or “being taught” NLP via presentations will allow you to understand and comprehend NLP. When you train with me your course is packed full of practical and experiential insights. It’s all about getting your hands dirty from day one. You’ll be working with others, and on yourself, so get ready to allow a change in your life. It’s almost a certainty that there will be some impactful changes for you while training, please expect them for yourself while also helping others when they create their changes.
The eight-day NLP practitioner course has been designed to give you a deep understanding of the NLP principles and techniques. You’ll not only leave understanding the ideas. You will have practised and practised and practised some more to make sure you feel comfortable with applying what you’ve learnt. I don’t do NLP at you. We do it together.
What you will learn
The practitioner course is “application agnostic.” You will discover that NLP can be used in all areas of your life. The principals, applications and understanding of NLP are the main takeaways. With this as a basis you can further learn and apply NLP in all areas of your life, career and business going forward.
Benefits of the course
- Vastly improved relationships – Understand and be understood
- Change the way you communicate – More flexible and skilled
- Flexible mindset adaptation – Be where you want and need to be mentally
- Banish negativity and internal conflict – Stop self-doubt and sabotage
- Get clear and focused on your goals – Achieve and keep motivated
- Grow in confidence and self-control
- Be you, just a little better
Some of the amazing content we cover in the practitioner course
What is NLP?
- Self-Control – Who’s driving the bus
- Beliefs of NLP – Rapid breakthroughs by changing old unhelpful belief patterns
- State control – Don’t let others ruin your day
- Access desired state rapidly
- Remove unhelpful associations picked up during your life
- Manage yours and other peoples state
- Basics of the Meta model
- Basics of the Milton model
- Challenging people artfully
- Hypnotic language used in the real world.
- Discover how we code our experience
- Learn how differently will all experience the world
- Understand what others are thinking just by watching them
- Make powerful connections with people while talking.
- Gain insight, from other people’s point of view
- Understand the process behind another person’s perception
- Be skilled at conflict resolution
- Think more rationally and logically
- Discovering values
- Discovering motivation direction
- Removing values clashes
- Value elicitation and hirachy
- How to set and structure goals
- Uncover motivations to keep on achieving goals
- Teach others how to set compelling goals
- Live on-purpose
Strategies and Patterns
- Uncover helpful strategies from other people
- Breakdown, unwanted strategies that are holding you back
- Be flexible and use other people strategies for mutual benefit
- Changing unwanted habits, behaviours and feelings
- Removing phobias
- Changing feelings of old unwanted events
"Developing You With NLP"
Frequently Asked Questions
What course is right for me?
All 3 of the courses I run are open to anyone with no pre-requisites. There is a phone call before all bookings are complete to make sure you are suitable. This isn’t like an interview, it’s just to make sure we are a good fit for the training and that the training meets your expectations.
The Diploma is a weekend course designed to give you an insight into NLP and what it has to offer. The diploma is a part of the full practitioner course (1st weekend) and if you choose to do the practitioner afterwards you’re on the right track.
The Practitioner course is an 8 day intensive. This is the most popular route for anyone looking for a deep dive into NLP. NLP is a broad topic however the principles and methodologies run throughout. Taking a practitioner course is a sound way to develop you as a practitioner as well as giving you the understanding to allow you to further develop once the course is complete.
The Bespoke course is usually for groups or a company who has a specific requirement. Typically working with a management team, sales teams or groups who have a mutually agreed outcome for the course. These can range from 3-10 days depending on what’s desired. These bespoke courses can also be followed up with a coaching program.
How will learning NLP help me?
People report a number of ways NLP has helped them. Here are just a few examples.
- Understanding yourself and how you think.
- Understanding how others think.
- Enhanced communication. No more getting cross wires or feel like you’re talking a different language.
- Learn strategies for change. This could be for increasing motivation, dedication. Getting rid of old unwanted habits and behaviours.
- Dealing with difficult people.
- Improved delegation and management skills.
- An enriched life by reprocessing events and memories.
I've heard NLP described as manipulative, why is this?
NLP can roughly be broken into three main parts:
- Enhanced communication
- Behaviour and belief change
You can read more about these and watch the video at my what is NLP page
When you become versed NLP and your communication increases, you will notice that you’re able to get to grips with what a person is trying to communicate. As well as what a person says, communication is also about what a person does. People’s non-verbal cues give more information at times than what they’re actually saying. NLP can show you how to understand and learn from those non-verbal cues which to some, seems manipulative. It is just enhanced communication.
Another part of the NLP communication model is something called the Milton model. The communication model was taken from Milton Erickson, who was a hypnotherapist. When used correctly, this language is very metaphorical and can assist someone in making a decision. It is not about making someone do something that they don’t want to do. Science has shown that metaphors and storytelling can be persuasive, this is why watching movies can create such strong emotions. By using this language, you’re able to connect with people emotionally. This doesn’t mean to persuade or manipulate negatively. Just allow them to understand exactly what is your trying to communicate in the best possible way.
Changing beliefs and behaviours in itself does sound a little bit cultish or witchcraft like. Our beliefs do define us. However, NLP shows us that if a belief is not serving us, then we can “believe” something different. Modelling is really what NLP is about. It’s finding what’s working and understanding the beliefs, behaviours, strategies and language behind that and replicating. Modelling is natural. Every child in the world is an exceptional modeller. This is how they can learn to walk, talk, move, interact and create their persona. They model those people around them.
NLP is powerful and has the potential to be manipulative. It was never set out to be manipulative or persuasive. Just like a desert spoon has no intention of hurting a person. If you feed a person a dessert spoon, then, sure enough, there would be some negative connotations. As long as you are planning to learn NLP for an ethical reason, then you’ll reap the rewards NLP has in store
There are so many NLP trainers. Why should I train with Mike?
Training is a lot like food. Everyone has their own taste. Therefore, choose a trainer who you feel like you have some sort of connection with. You can see my videos, listen to my podcasts and see if feels right.
The relationship between the trainer and trainee is paramount. Even though all training courses run over a few days, it’s beneficial when a person comes on a course and they get the idea of how that course will be delivered. For me, choose a trainer who you have a connection with from the content they put online. This is one of the reasons we have a phone call before committing to the training.
Experience: I have been a hand on therapist, coach and trainer for over 10 years. This means I have worked with and see about every possible scenario when it comes to creating change.
Business: I have real passion and experience for business. I have started a company and sold that on in only 3 years. I have also coached hundreds of companies (The people really) so this is an area of expertise.
Where are your courses held?
Milton Keynes, London and……… All over the world. The diploma and practitioner courses are only scheduled in these 2 locations. All training venues will be close to trains and main trunk roads. Milton Keynes is nearly the centre of the country and it’s very easy to get to and stay over too if you wish.
The everywhere part is for International companies and groups for bespoke courses. I’m willing to travel worldwide for course and workshops. All bespoke courses are designed with your outcome in mind. All fees for the bespoke courses are agreed beforehand.
Don't Be Shy
If you have some more questions, feel free to drop me a line.